Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, August 30, 2010

What Would I Do Without Friends and Family?


It's been a whirlwind since my last post. Time is flying by so quickly that we're down to just about 6 weeks! My wonderful friends threw me the best baby shower! I really can't say in words how thankful I am for everything and everyone. I got to see so many people from college and other friends/family I hadn't seen in a while. I wish I could have spent more time with everyone, but it went by so fast! I can't thank Willow enough for throwing the shower at her house and everyone else for everything they put into it. Not to mention the over-generous gifts. Having a baby is one of those times in life when the outpouring of kindness is too overwhelming. Thanks to the generosity, baby girls' room is pretty much complete. Yesterday I was able to put away all the clothes (her dresser is completely full already thanks to gifts and donations from friends), and put some personal finishing touches on. Here are some pics:


The Bambi wall hanging was cross-stitched by my Godmother for me when I was born. I'm so happy to have it to now hang in my girls room.



I've been holding onto these for years wondering what I would do with them. Yesterday inspiration struck. I think Chris and I were both about 5 years old when we did these. Now we just need to add the baby's.




Everything else is coming along. I think we have pretty much everything we need, except her. I'll post tomorrow after we have our sonogram. I'm so excited to see her again since I didn't think we would get to. They just want to double check her size due to my thyroid issues. They have no concerns, it's just precautionary. If her kicks and punches are any indication, she's just fine!

0 comments:

Post a Comment