She slept most of the time....
And looked so small in the big crib....
We've pretty much settled into a daily/nightly routine. So far our day care is working out very nicely. Our morning schedule changes day to day depending on Chris's schedule, but we're adapting. He's been traveling a lot which makes for some really long days for me. Luckily I'm able to work from home on occasion and Grammy comes over to provide relief. I love picking K up from day care and getting a big gummy smile. Chris and I also went out for a second time on our own. We had a very nice dinner at a friends house with a few other couples. Grammy was nice enough to babysit since I 1) don't know of any babysitters in our neighborhood, and 2) am not sure I'm ready to leave K with another stranger. I know I need to get over that, but I'll take advantage of free babysitting for as long as possible (love you Mom!). Not much else has been going on. Getting into a routine has been the biggest thing since I'm now back to work. It's nice to get out of the house, but the commute to DC is killing me. K still wakes up at least once and I'm not sleeping very well so that is adding to the fatigue. Add to that this really crappy winter and you have a cranky Mommy. Hopefully longer and warmer days are right around the corner. I'm excited to be able to take K out on walks and let her see the world. It is amazing how much she changes almost daily and she seems to be right on track with developing. We have her 4 month (yes, 4 already) checkup on 2/21 and I think she's right between 13 and 14 pounds. She's still on the little side, but it's nice because she's not outgrowing her clothes as fast. She's just realized she can make noise with her mouth. It is hysterical to watch. I tried to upload a video, but it won't work. You'll just have to believe me for now. I think she knows it will get her attention so she just keeps doing it and ends up covered in spit. No surprise that offspring of me and Chris would be a rascal. I know in the last post I promised to write more. Work has been crazy busy, but I'll try harder!


0 comments:
Post a Comment