Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, May 23, 2011

A Warrior in the house (Oh, and a 7 month old)

I'm actually going to start this blog post off about myself, so you'll have to scroll down for Katelyn. Five months ago I did something foolish, and signed up for Warrior Dash Maryland. It's described as 12 obstacles from hell along a 3.11 mile course. Some friends of mine at work did it last year, and I thought it would be fun. Plus, since I signed up in December I had 5+ months to "train" and it would be good motivation to lose the baby weight. Well, life with a newborn and traveling husband didn't really lend itself to a lot of extra time that I felt the needed to be filled with exercise. Suddenly the race was 3 weeks away, then 2, then Sunday. I talked to my friend at work and she swore to me it wasn't that bad and I should still do it. So, I sucked it up and did it. I'm proud to say I finished, and wasn't even close to last. It was a grueling course with A LOT of mud. Half-way through I really didn't know if I could finish, but before I knew it I was jumping over fire and crawling under barbed wire at the finish. I felt surprisingly good afterward and definitely had a lot of fun. It's something that would normally be outside my comfort range, but is also something that helps you to know you're stronger than you think you are.


Now onto Katelyn. She's getting more and more personality every day. She is still a very happy baby and a good sleeper. She's trying so hard to crawl, but can't quite get it. Daddy even tries to help.

Instead she's learned she can just maneuver by rolling around. It seems to be working for her for right now. Everything around her interests her, especially Jethro. He sits next to us and she just smiles and reaches for him. He's being very patient with her so far. Hopefully that will continue. She's getting more and more involved with toys and loves to hit the buttons. We have to thank Willow for this wonderfully noisy toy. She loves it!

Eating also continues to be a favorite thing. The girl eats everything! Her dexterity is getting much better and she loves to pick up puffs off her highchair tray. Sometimes they don't make it in the mouth though!

We're still having some breathing issues stemming from the RSV in January. The doctors aren't too concerned, but they've set us up with a nebulizer and she's taking Singular at night. I haven't really noticed much of a difference, but it's hasn't even been a week. She's still positively perfect in every way.

0 comments:

Post a Comment